Friday, April 18, 2008

Map Centered at 39°N, 87°W

Map Centered at 39°N, 87°W

Earthquake!

Jon and I were peacefully sleeping at 5:45 (although, the reports say it was earlier, so who knows) and all of a sudden our bed started swaying back and forth. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed it! The earthquake was so gentle, it reminded me of sleeping on a boat. It was short and sweet. Not much to it. I don't even think Lincoln woke up. Jon's so funny cause I said to him, "Was that an earthquake?" and all I got from his groggy self was, "Wha?". So funny! He's such a Willison. Not much talkers in the morning, right guys? All of our native indy friends were shocked and didn't know what to do. The quake measured at 5.2 and it was the second largest in indy history. Say what! I guess being from California has gotten me used to the idea of earthquakes. Still, I just want to say how fun it was.

(I tried posting a picture of the epicenter of the quake from online. Not sure if it worked. Hope it's not too confusing. For me, I'm pretty much only good at picture blogging.)

No comments: