Friday, March 05, 2010

What a Special Day



Lincoln and I finished the Book of Mormon!

I can't even remember when we started it. This picture is of Lincoln's very own Book of Mormon. If you look closely, you can see how worn the pages are. I'm guessing that it took us nearly 2 years to complete it. But that doesn't matter one bit, because we did it! We read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. And it felt so good.
Despite all the war chapters in the end, it was really beautiful what Mormon and Moroni wrote. Their words really touched my heart. I think that this is the fourth time that I have read the BoM all the way through, and each time--without a doubt, I know that these were prophets of God who wrote the words contained on these pages. It speaks right to my soul. The swelling description found in Alma 32 of the joy of the gospel is exactly how I feel when I read the scriptures. They become delicious to me and they fill my body with joy. I have felt the Holy Ghost purely resonate within me many times while reading this sacred book. I am so glad that I have been diligent in sharing the light of the gospel with my children at such a young age. I know that it will help keep our family strong and united as we study the words of God together. I believe in Christ. And I know that the Book of Mormon testifies that Jesus is our Lord and Savior. And I encourage everyone to find this out for themselves. I promise that it will make you so happy.

Up to this point, Lincoln and I have completed the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. We are now on to the Bible! I am so excited. We are definitely starting with the New Testament, though. Then, we'll move on to the molasses (the Old Testament :0) However, I have never read the Old Testament, so I'm really looking forward to reading all the classic stories, like Job, and obscure books, like Haggai. Wish us luck!
(If any of you are wondering how I was able to read all these scriptures with a young child, it was actually quite simple. I found a spot in our routine that worked, and kept it up. Reading scriptures right before naptime has proven to be the best time for us. It's a dependable time slot in our day and a nice way to relax before going down for a nap. Depending on how the kids are doing will effect how much we read; but I always make sure to read, even if it's just a verse.)

I am so glad that we were able to finish it. What a special day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mer and mel said...

Dorsey, you are truly a magnificent woman- I wish I was more like you. Thank you so much for your testimony- I can't even tell you how much it touched me. Your family is very lucky to have you :)