Friday, March 05, 2010

My Little Bishop



Last Tuesday we were having our weekly Family Home Evening Night. Jon did the lesson on loving to read the scriptures (since we were just about to finish the Book of Mormon--refer to previous post). As a game we decided to play "Name That Apostle". It's something we made up, but it's pretty obvious how it's played: Jon holds up these cards, shown above, in his hand and Lincoln picks one and tries to name it. It's pretty incredible to me that he knows who everyone is in the Quorom of the Twelve. However, that's not really to my credit. You see, while I was looking for supplemental material for a FHE lesson on apostles, I stumbled across this great video on Sugardoodle that sings all the apostles names to a fun little tune. It even came with these printable face cards. Score! Anyway, Lincoln got obsessed with the video and asked me if he could watch it over and over again everyday. I thought it was adorable. I love how much this kid just LOVES the gospel. He's my pride and joy. Needless to say, I wasn't totally shocked that he could name all the apostles. However...

I was completely shocked as I noticed Lincoln start to do something with the cards once he had finished naming them. Jon had tried to continue on with the lesson, but I stopped him and told him to check out what Lincoln was doing. My little 3 year old then proceeded to put all of the prophets and apostles in order of seniority! Can you believe it?! Isn't that incredible?!! Even I can't do that, let alone most faithful adults. I couldn't have been prouder.

My little Lincoln, how I love your enthusiasm and knowledge. I know that you came from heaven to be in our family, and I thank God every day that I have the opportunity to be your mother. You are such an amazing little guy.

I love you, Link!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

Very impressive. I think he may have a little OCD in him after all :)