Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Ran 3.5 Miles!!!



On Conference Saturday, my mom and I ran a 3.5 mile race. (Isn't that hilarious that we were moving simultaneously in the photo?!) Obviously, we weren't really 'racing', but I did set out with some goals. My most important objective was to run the entire time-- no matter what speed, just no walking. And I did it! I have never run that far before, that I can remember. I used to do cross-country, but the races were just over 2 miles. So, I was super stoked with my accomplishment. I'm not much of a running-lover, but I'm trying to be more active and lose my baby weight. So far, I have lost all of my Christian weight; now I just have to lose my Lincoln weight. I've got 6 lbs to go! I'm so excited. My mom's been a great influence on me. She's very active: teaches yoga, loves to run, and the likes. We're planning on running the mini-marathon here in Indy this spring. My calves and knees are a little scared of the idea, but oh how great that would feel to accomplish that! I hope I don't chicken out ;0)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Paige said...

Way to go Dorsey! I am super impressed. I don't think I've run that much in years either! You're an inspiration :)

Meacham Family said...

Way to go! You are doing great and looking great!

Jenny said...

Way to go! That is AWESOME! I love running and wish I could go with you.