Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray!


It's preschool time everybody!

Today was Lincoln's first day (second year) at preschool.

We started the day off by cutting his hair. Lincoln hates that part, but the stars must have been aligned for me this morning because he hardly put up a fuss. Thank goodness!

To top that off, Ms. Julie (his teacher/girlfriend from last year and now for this year too) said he did a fantastic job today. (She was especially emphasizing that he ate all his lunch. See, Lincoln has been a pretty picky eater most of his young life, and so Jon and I have been doing what we call 'extreme intervention' to try and help him eat more types of foods this whole summer. He has improved tremendously and we are very proud of him, and not to mention relieved. So, right now I'm working on getting Lincoln to like sandwiches for lunch so that it'll be easier for me to make his lunch in the morning. So far, so good. Hip hip hooray!)

And according to Lincoln, Ms. Julie was right. He did do a fantastic job today. When we were driving home he told me all about how nice he was to the other kids and how he shared with them. Yea Linkie! That's what I like to hear. He's the oldest in his class now, so it will be great if he can set a good example.



So adorable! I could just eat him up. I love when I can catch a real smile. Good job, Link!



Big brother and little brother



Sitting at his 'desk'
"Yes, I'm pretty much on of the best people I know."
(to quote his shirt)


Another reason why this day was so great...

I worked out finally!!!
It's seriously like one of the first times that I've worked out this pregnancy. Now that Lincoln is in preschool I can use our neglected treadmill while Crisco naps. It felt soooooo good. I made myself go for one hour and walked around 3.2 miles. And stretched afterward! One of my favorite parts. My plan is to exercise every Tue and Thur when Lincoln is in preschool.

My other goal is to use the rest of the time that Christian is napping to work on my family history. Today I got a whole hour. I'm so excited to finally get back to this. It's been way too long. I definitely know that I have family on the other side of the veil that are waiting for me to take their names to the temple. This will feel so good to make progress on my family history again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: