Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm a Bike Riding Machine








This is Lincoln's first real bike. I think it's an 18-incher. It's metallic yellow (Daddy's favorite color) with pegs and all. We even bought him a Lightning McQueen helmet, skater style (which I have to say are way cuter than the traditional shape). Lincoln's absolutely loved it since day one. And, since day one he's loved going super fast. I was worried at first that he wouldn't be able to brake well. But once we explained it to him, he got it immediately. What a relief. Another thing that I've been very impressed with Lincoln is how safe and obedient he has been. He never goes in the street and whenever we cross the street he automatically walks his bike across. I love how smart he is with riding. I am looking forward to taking down my poor, neglected, yet beautiful bike and going riding with him this summer. I really need to get on that. It'll be so much fun. That's one of those 'wholesome recreational activities' that I truly look forward to doing with my kids. Now I just have to get Jon to fall in love with biking, too. Maybe since he has more meat on his bones now, his butt won't hurt as bad :0) That was his chief complaint. (he he)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Horn Family said...

I'm glad to see that Lincoln enjoys his bike more than Ally does. She hasn't rode it since we made her ride it a month ago, in order to go to the park. Yeah for Link!