Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Best Memorial Day--Ever!

We spent the day at Pioneer Park in Mooresville, maybe 7 minutes away from our house. Last fall, my mom and I feel in love with this park as we would run through all the winding paths and beautiful scenery. It reminds me so much of home, especially of Howarth Park. It has an awesome playground, a really fun water park, sports fields, tons of trees and greenery, long jogging paths, bridges, and a great creek! How could you ask for more? What a gem to have so close to our home.



Nonni looking over one of the bridges.



Christian, Daddy, and Lincoln starting to explore the creek with all its water and rocks.



Mommy and Christian loving the relaxation of the creek.



So, I didn't anticipate that the boys would actually go swimming in the creek. And, of course, I was happily surprised. Since we didn't have any extra clothes, I stripped Crisco down to just his sandals so that some of his clothes could stay dry. Then the boys played and swam and played some more. It was absolutely perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better family retreat. It really did warm my heart, especially seeing Jon being the best daddy ever and being completely willing to play in the creek with his boys. I loved it. And so did they.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying the summer! Great pictures.