Sunday, July 06, 2008

Grandma Dolly's Visit

We have been so fortunate to have so many visitors during this summer break. My grandma from Mississippi came and stayed with us for almost a week. It was great. She was so helpful to me with my sewing projects. She used to be a professional seamstress, so she took me to Joann's and we picked up a pattern and some material for my dining room valances that I'm trying to make before Jeff and Rachelle come out at the end of this month. Wish me luck! Those aren't the only projects, either. I'm endeavoring to finish my bed set by sewing some standard shams and euro shams. I already made the duvet (the material sat in my room for a year before I started working on it!). I'm also making valances for our bedroom, too. I'm learning to quilt, also. Yeah, all at the same time. I'm kinda wondering myself how I'm gonna pull it all off on top of everything else I'm responsible for...

Lincoln loves to play with bubbles. Sometimes he calls my mom bubbles since she's the one who introduced them to him. It's really cute. Can you see the humongous bubble right in front of my mom?

My mom and Lincoln before church.

The four generations: 82,54,26,1. This is taken at my mom's apartment. She lives about 15 minutes away. I drive to her place two nights a week to work out at her gym. So far, I'm doing a good job. My sister Jen, and a pep talk from Robin, helped inspire me to become more physically fit and start working out again. I'm loving it. I'm also watching what I eat and I've created a weight loss plan that'll hopefully help me reach my goals. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: