Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Zoo Pics

They had a shark petting exhibit. I was just a little freaked out about it. I touched a shark's slimy skin and my whole body cringed. My friend Amanda was just cracking up at me. (I forgot to mention before that I had organized this zoo trip with my friends as a monthly fieldtrip thing with any of the mom's from my ward. 5 of us showed up with 6 kids in total. Yesterday, at the last minute, I thought about inviting the first year LDS dental wives to come with us, also. 5 of them said they could come with their kids. So, there was potential for a really big group. Two of the dental wives ended coming, but it was right when I was leaving to get Lincoln down for a nap. It was great, though, to get all of us out to the zoo together. So much fun.)

Lincoln in front of the penguin exhibit. He loved it because of the layered effect of being able to see under the water and above at the same time. The penguins were super playful. I would love to find some books at a garage sale or something that have a bunch of these different animals that we saw today in them. I bet he'd love that.

Below is a picture of a baby walrus. Don't be fooled by his size, he still is considered a baby. He was so funny. He would totally interact with the kids at the glass and move around and be all goofy. It was hilarious! I've only seen a dog be that playful before. It was cool.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: