Monday, October 22, 2007




This is Lincoln at 5 mo. I just found these pictures from our February folder. They're so cute. It's so neat to see how much he's changed. I love the picture in the bath tub. He's smiling so big, and the water looks really cool... After looking at these old photos and comparing them to how he looks now, I think he used to look like me a little, but now he totally looks like Jon. I'm not complaining, kinda. I mean it is fun to have your kids resemble you. But that could always happen in the girls, right? My chances of having a twin aren't totally gone, right?

Update on life in Indiana: We're still loving it. I really like Indiana. I enjoy the people, the culture, the climate, the scenery, the city, our ward, our home, our friends, our neighbors. Things are really good. Our lawn is green (I can't tell you how much of an accomplishment that is. It's hard work keeping a lawn green without sprinklers. Definitely something I miss about CA--the sprinklers.) We're definitely starting to feel what people mean when they say how demanding dental school is. Jon is constantly studying. I really get no time with him. Every two weeks, I get on average 3 days where he isn't studying (and that's counting the Sabbath). But hey, at least it's something. It's better than him being in Iraq and totally gone. I'm doing okay with it. I do a good job at keeping myself busy with fun projects or organizing or whatever. I'm such a home-body now. I don't leave the house unless I need to run errands. I can stay at home all day and be happy. Of course, Lincoln and I play outside in our yard. But we sure are good at conserving gas. I'm still trying to learn how to sew. I'm endeavoring to make our bedding (duvet and pillows, etc.) and the curtains for our windows. Right now I'm planning a baby shower for a friend. My dad stayed with us for a couple of weeks in October. A BYU students who has an interview with the dental school is staying with us this weekend. My mom will be staying with us in December when she moves out here. And we're headed to California for Christmas for two whole weeks. You could say things get a little busy. But we do a good job managing. Christmas will be a much needed vacation for Jon, and for our romance. Jon has taken up golf lately. He loves it. He also plays volleyball every Wednesday night with an amazing team. Our favorite show is Extreme Home Makeover. Good show, good morals, good people. Jon recently got called to serve as the Ward Mission Leader and I'm his Ward Missionary. I love it. Companions through and through. It's great working so closely with the elders. We have a good pair of missionaries right now... Okay, that's it. Love to everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: