Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sewing Nightmares

So, I used my first pattern to make a dining room valance. As you can see in my face, it didn't work out so well. Gosh! It took me so much time to make--so much time. It broke my heart that it ended up being to narrow for the window. It was awful. I think in order to correct it I'm going to have to add more material to the sides, without taking appart the whole valance. It's gonna be a little tricky. Hopefully it'll turn out alright or you'll be seeing some tears next. Who knows when I'll muster up the motivation to fix it, or even start on the other one. Sob...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

You can do it!!

Linda said...

Hey, Jon & Dorsey -
Just found your blog and have enjoyed catching up on your happenings. Lincoln is adorable! And it's good to see you are doing well (except for that valance part - but you'll get it soon enough). Loved the garden pix, too.
Linda Freebairn